a better question is probably why don’t i think renly would’ve been a good king but okay here we go
1. some people kinda thinks renly was this arrogant idiot because he “sat there holding tournies” instead of taking king’s landing or going to fight since he had so many bannermen and soldiers and stuff but like that was really freakin smart? like he was sitting there waiting for the starks and the lannisters to beat each other up until they were weakened and he could storm them and pretty much kick their asses while also hosting tournaments and visiting his men and boosting morale to keep them on his side and close to his cause. the tournaments weren’t just time wasting, it was a way to keep the best of the knights sharp, to give entertainment, to keep people happy and so on and so forth. he wasn’t just chilling like waiting for people to bow down and call him king he was doing a clever thing.
2. people always use that quote about renly being copper, shiny and bright but nothing much else, as some means to suggest that he would be a super shitty king and that makes me real mad!! donal noye, the guy that said that, last saw renly a little after the siege on storm’s end when renly was like seven or eightish years old, then he went to the wall. he doesn’t know anything about the man renly becomes other than rumour and heresy that makes it’s way up north and it’s pretty darn rude to talk smack about a dude you haven’t seen since he was a kid thanks very much donal.
3. renly was smart, okay. it’s very easy to suggest that he sat on the council because of nepotism but he was hella smart despite his sassiness. he knew what was going on, he understood what the realm needed and while it’s not explicitly obvious he did seem to have a pretty darn good grasp of the realms of justice and how to keep things going and settle stuff. and okay he can be kind of a massive jerk about it (“If you cannot keep the king’s peace, Janos, perhaps the City Watch should be commanded by someone who can.”) he’s been helping govern the realm in robert’s stead for years and years and he understands the political game because heck he spends most of his time with varys and littlefinger. he tried to get ned to sort out joffrey and tommen before cersei could sort them out and he was right and proven right. he’s clever and far more critical in his thinking than i think people give him credit for.
HE!! WAS!! EIGHT!! when he became lord of storm’s end. he was raised a lord, raised understanding politics, raised to know this stuff. he was literally born and bred to be an intelligent lord. just because he had a bit of a sense of humour and people regarded him as flimsy or arrogant doesn’t mean he wasn’t good or smart ok.
So I’ve been meaning to do this ever since I saw this on my facebook timeline a couple of days ago lol I have this inability to pick just one in most questions so excuse me for that.
1. First person I’ve ever been obsessed over?Zac Efron. All because of HSM. My bedroom wall was like a shrine to him and HSM lol.
2. Current obsession?TVXQ, The whole Shadowhunter universe and Game of Thrones.
3. Favorite Band? Maroon 5.
4. Favorite Singer/s?TVXQ obviously lol All five of them.
5. Favorite Youtuber/s? Nigahiga, EYK, and Sam Tsui. I don’t really know a lot of youtube personalities.
6. First concert? SADLY (VERY SADLY), I haven’t gone to a concert yet in my 16 years of existence. /ugly sobs/.
7. Favorite movie/s? This is always such a hard question. I’ll go with my recent faves: How to train your dragon and The Amazing Spiderman (with their respective sequels xD)
8. Favorite actor/actress? Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr, and J.Law
9. First Celebrity Crush?Again, Zac Efron. My first love. LOL
10. Ever got made of for what I like?Yes. Cuz there are so many KPOP haters here.
11. Favorite Book?The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
12. Favorite TV show/s? F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Scrubs, Gossip Girl and Game of Thrones.
13. Favorite Fictional Character?Magnus Bane (TMI) and Renly Baratheon (GoT/ASoIaF)
14. Something I love about a fandom I’m in? I love how Cassiopeia always support the boys whether they’re 1, 2, 3, or 5 all throughout 10 years and hopefully more ♥ And also that we’re pervs. LOLOL
15. Something I hate about a fandom I’m in?Betrayal.
16. Would I ever take a bullet for the people I fangirl over? Yes.
17. Do I ever hide the fact that I like someone out of fear of getting teased? No.
18. Have I ever met any of my idols? Not really met but I went to ICN airport to see Yunho and Changmin and it was the greatest experience ever.
19. Do I have any merch of the people I fangirl over? Yes. I collect official TVXQ merch. That’s why my wallet is always crying.
20. Favorite Fangirl Moment? Walking behind TVXQ (specifically Changmin) as they went out of the airport *____*